The Raphael Samuel History Centre is devoted to encouraging the widest possible participation in historical study and debate. It is an outreach and research centre supported by a two-way partnership between Birkbeck and Queen Mary, and is dedicated to exploring public, interdisciplinary, and experimental history across periods and regions. Named after the historian Raphael Samuel, it also maintains an interest in London history and history from below. We collaborate with History Workshop Online.
Our data is stored on the Birkbeck system and we adhere to Birkbeck’s Data Protection Policy. The data controller is Birkbeck, University of London.This means that all personal data is held and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal data we collect is limited to the following:
- Name, if you send it
- Email Address
We do not collect or store:
- Special category personal data, such as racial/ethnic origin, political, religious or other beliefs
- Credit/debit card details. We rarely charge for events, but if we do, charges would be processed an external agency such as Eventbrite or one of our partner universities’ finance departments.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
The information we hold will have been obtained directly from you when you sent us an email asking to be added to our mailing list, or filled in a feedback form specifically requesting to be added to the RSHC mailing list.
HOW WE USE AND PROCESS THE INFORMATION
- The personal data we collect is stored on our database which is held on Birkbeck’s secure servers. Access is restricted to authorised RSHC personnel only.
- We use the information you have provided to keep you informed about RSHC events. We send this information by email.
- We do not use digital analysis tools. We do not analyse visits to our website or use analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, to measure the traction and assess the effectiveness of the content.
- We update/remove your data from our database on request.
- We do not share your details with any third parties or individuals looking to contact you, in a personal or professional capacity. We only forward via email information about RSHC-related events and issues.
- To opt out of receiving our communications at any time, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are concerned about how your information is used, please contact Katy Pettit at email@example.com
CHANGES TO DATA PROTECTION