If you’d like to be added to our mailing list for events and updates, please email the centre administrator Katy Pettit (email@example.com)
Joining the Centre
The Centre welcomes inquiries from students, early career researchers, established academic historians, and those practising history outside the academy whose work fits within our mission statement. If you are interested in joining the Centre, or getting involved with one of our ongoing projects or events, please contact our administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell us a little about your work.
The Raphael Samuel History Centre is a partnership between Birkbeck, University of London, Queen Mary University of London and History Workshop Online. Our data is stored on the Birkbeck system and we adhere to Birkbeck’s Data Protection Policy [link to policy]. The data controller is Birkbeck, University of London.
This means that all personal data is held and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
WHO WE ARE
The Raphael Samuel History Centre is devoted to encouraging the widest possible participation in historical study and debate. It is an outreach and research centre supported by a two-way partnership between Birkbeck, University of London and Queen Mary, University of London dedicated to exploring public, interdisciplinary, and experimental history across periods and regions. Named after the historian Raphael Samuel, it also maintains an interest in London history and history from below. Supported by a dynamic team of established and early career historians, we run a large programme of activities designed to foster new approaches to understanding the past and we are committed to taking history into the wider community through our educational initiatives and public events. We work with universities, museums, libraries, schools, and organizations to create new forums for making history, learning, and discussing history.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal data we collect is limited to the following:
• Name, if you send it
• Email Address
We do not collect or store:
• Special category personal data, such as racial/ethnic origin, political, religious or other beliefs
• Credit/debit card details. We rarely charge for events, but if we do, charges would be processed an external agency such as Eventbrite or one of our partner universities’ finance departments.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
The information we hold will have been obtained directly from you when you sent us an email asking to be added to our mailing list, or filled in a feedback form specifically requesting to be added to the RSHC mailing list.
HOW WE USE AND PROCESS THE INFORMATION
• The personal data we collect is stored on our database which is held on Birkbeck’s secure servers. Access is restricted to authorised RSHC personnel only.
• We use the information you have provided to keep you informed about RSHC events. We send this information by email.
• We do not use digital analysis tools. We do not analyse visits to our website or use analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, to measure the traction and assess the effectiveness of the content.
• We update/remove your data from our database on request.
• We do not share your details with any third parties or individuals looking to contact you, in a personal or professional capacity. We only forward via email information about RSHC-related events and issues.
• To opt out of receiving our communications at any time, simply email email@example.com
• If you are concerned about how your information is used, please contact Katy Pettit at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGES TO DATA PROTECTION